R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Bishop
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
the best blades for the yokomo gear diff (or the top ball diff) are a self modified version of the Associated Factory Team CVA Bone Blade TC5 / TC6 (pn 31238).
Originally Posted by Buckaroo
AE bone blades last a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time in this application!
I guess I should try some, really the mildly chewed cup was my own fault, cause I tried using the Yoko blades, turns out they suck, it did have sanded down TOP blades in there, which were holding up fine, but when changing to fresh ones I was too lazy to sand down another set so tried the Yoko.

For the record, Yoko ones look to have failed cause the pin holes are a little large for the TOP pins, so hammered through from play in the worst possible spot.

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
YES it will include our new gear diff!

Oh.....and the price is slightly less then the original Photon
I made an excitement in my pants...

No one take this the wrong way, but I was wondering if the price would drop cause the new TA 6.1 is good, and cheap, it's not up to the TOP on quality, but I'm fighting a hoard of them suddenly at my track, plus I drove a friends last meet, and it was very good on track.

Don't know if this can be confirmed or not yet with the new model, but I have various sway bars, belts etc, and wondered if much will carry over?, even shocks etc?, would be nice to get a new kit and end up with a handy amount of spares from breaking down the old car rather than selling it off.