R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Beginner looking for advice/help from experienced members
Old 03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
trueno429
Tech Rookie

Default Beginner looking for advice/help from experienced members

Hey guys, I'm new to this website and plan on being on here more!
Currently, I have a traxxas slash brushed 2WD and I ran it yesterday at Critters Hobbies Track in NJ. I can say I was NOT impressed.
Two of my friends just bought the Losi TEN-SCTE RTR and Rolling Chassis.
I was contemplating fixing my slash to brushless and the whole nine yards but I figured I might as well just buy a Losi and keep the slash as an extra car.
I did a lot of searching but there are so many variables that go into a RC car so this is where I need your help guys.

I will be racing maybe once or twice a month but mostly fiddling around on the street for fun. I live in Brooklyn, NY and there are not many tracks around here so this car will mostly be on the street.

I will most likely buy a Rolling Chassis so I need you guys to point me to the BEST products out there. I already bought a Proline Flo-tek body for my slash I will swap to my Losi. If money was not a concern what would you guys run on your ten-scte?

I want to run a 3-cell and street tires while riding on the street so I will need a motor/esc that can run on that. THANKS GUYS!

And I looked up the SC-10 but I want to buy the TEN-SCTE