R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 08:45 AM
gubbs3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
OK MY QUESTION TO U PROFFESIONALS OUT THERE. I've read several articles in cluding neo buggy that ty tessmans hb was heavily modified. My question to u guys is if your going to modify a machine that much is it still recognized as that companies vehicle? Im sure some of yall was there was it that modified i totally get titanium parts to keep from breaking. Should a vehicle be allowed that has been that heavily modified. But i guess if the rules allow it why not.

Nascar drivers go out and plug their cars name brand every week. "Thanks to my Ford Fusion..." blah blah blah. Do you really think anyone will go to their local dealer and plop down $20k and expect to compete in the Cup Series?!!?!?!?!? This is racing. Racing is for development of the latest and greatest in auto performance.

This type of mindset usually comes in tandem with the guy who got smoked at the local club race and complains he got out motored or out spent. How about owning up and admitting you got out driven and need more practice setting up your car.

Question: Who else thought about putting OLD, readily available parts on a new car to go faster? If you didn't, you're probably getting beat every week.