R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Yokomo TC, the BD-5
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM
mikeygar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Try running HPI blue or Yokomo Pink all around, 300 much more shock oil (roughly equal to AE40) and droop 5,4. Shock position 3,2, camber -1 F/R inner and outer camber link shims .5mm. Your setup is too stiff to allow the car to roll. It'll be floaty because of the F/R weight transfer due to the droop but you'll get your grip

Originally Posted by RAL
Anyone have tips for low speed and highspeed steering on low grip outdoor asphalt? Mostly off-power is needed. Running Sorex 32 tires. Silver HPI springs front and rear or pink in front. Have also tried Yokomo Pink Pink with the same result. Shocks in the #3 hole front and rear. Have also tried #4 in the rear. That was a tad better. Just seem to have no front end grip. Blocks are flat on the chassis and 2mm washers on the inner camber link. .5 on outer c-hub in front for added camber gain. have tried Much More 500, 450 and losi 32.5. The car feels very flat and floaty. 1.3 and 1.2 sway bars. Perhaps I need to raise the roll center to get the car to roll more, gaining more grip? I'm thinking that might be better. 1mm shims under the blocks all around? What do you guys think? The track surface is eroding slightly and seems to be a bit loose. The car just seems to skate on the surface instead of rolling over and biting when cornering resulting in understeer. 80wt shock oil in the gear diff as well.

The best I can explain it is this: To get the steering I need, I have to over-drive the car, essentially drifting the car into the corner to achieve the rotation and proper entry angle/line into the corners to compensate for the understeer.

My feeling is that I need to raise the roll center 1mm and go to a silver/blue HPI or Yokomo pink/blue with a 400-450 oil. Shocks #2 front #3 rear or #3 front #4 rear.

How have you guys solved a similar issue?