R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!
Old 03-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wait a minute
hey bob,
when are you breaking ground on a national rc museum?
I don't know that anybody short of the hundred of us here would particularly care. Actual museum, a nice guaranteed way to lose 100k a year.

Originally Posted by DesertRat
He already has one, its in his basement, garage, and applicable storage units.
It's every where, in every building, in every room. I find axles in coat pockets, rims in the glove box of my truck. I constantly open boxes and find things I forgot about or didn't even know I have.

I find the whole thing very frustrating about 95% of the time. But I can't seem to stop doing it either, or even slow down. 6 boxes of stuff today, a few yesterday, yadda...yadda... But little things. things needed to complete projects. They're not all glory items. I did swing a deal with a guy and I picked up big wad of new in the bag brushed motors to finish off some things.

I have a lot of people PM me on the forums, with obscure stuff. that helps too.

An actual museum, with staff, restrooms, etc. would be a total fail. My family is involved HEAVILY with the Lemay car museum in Tacoma. I know what goes on, and the work involved. It's hard, thankless, and crazy expensive.

I suspect if I could whittle it all down to say a 2500-3000 square foot building, and just store stuff in it, that could work. But it's kind of like that now. Just not well displayed. Right now I'm working through about 1500 pounds of vintage Schumacher offroad stuff we had stored. that was a happy accident. But now it's a mess. I put up about 250 sq feet of pegboard high up in our track room, hoping to get it all hung up in there and organized so I can find it. that stuff is mostly Schu' offroad, I'd say 1990-1995, and a lot of tires from 1984-1990. A lot, thousands.

I do want to restore an old red chassis Cougar-2. those were kinda pimpin.

most people have no idea how many pan cars there were. thinking it was potentially 5-10. It's hundreds. and some obscure companys from back in the day, like "Franklin". Yea, I know youre not gonna know that one, I have 2 of the cars. Most people don't know we did a 235mm car, sold 6 of 18 (I think that's how it went down, or maybe it was 12 of 18.) I really need to get that organized.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 03-01-2012 at 03:14 PM.