R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Kuya_Kimo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NYC Diesel
Hey guys I got a SCTE ARR sittin pretty at my house with these electonics on the way:

HW 120A ESC v2
Tekin Pro 4 4600kv
Spektrum 6030

I have HW ESC's and love their linearity (they make my sensorless motors feel sensored!) and easy programming so it was a no brainer on that. BUT for the motor I did a lot of research and came up with the Pro 4 as the best current motor for the SCT's. The other day I was at my LHS and talking crap with the owner and he said that the Viper motors were now taking over the SCT scene. I am now kind of regretting ordering the pro 4, does anyone out there own both motors and can give a honest review of the performance of both ? Just make me feel a little more comfortable with my purchase. He might have just been trying to push the Viper motors (he stocks them) so who knows, searching for a comparison came up negative. Thanks for any help guys.
The Viper motors are NOT worth the time right now, they started out of the gate with broken motors and I've seen replacement motors do the SAME EXACT thing with the initial motor (spins freely inside the can).

I'm sure they'll fix it but they're only hype and troubleshooting as it stands today.