R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - who holds the speed record?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 02:20 PM
ajg

Originally posted by GundamWZero
So before Futureal comes and close another thread that AJG so graciously ruined with his 80+mph, then 70+mph ( and soon to be 60, 50, then 40.....a speed I can see on his vid) micro, I have this to say:

You have been asked to provide proof on the last post you did. You claimed an 80+ mph run. You even had the posted speed as part of your signature. The video you provided showed the car looking like it was going 35 to 40 mph. You got flamed. Period.
So after I don't know how many post, you figured out you had your amp setting was wrong. But by then, the damage was done. Even your video of your peel-out wasn't impressive enough to sway the masses. And many think (including yours truly) don't believe your new adjustments will take you to the magic 80. Then you threw us the curve: you said that you didn't have the money to buy a venom speed meter and POOF! The next post you bought one! Only then you further embarrass yourself by getting a speed reading by holding the car in the air! Did you ever run it on the ground? If so, how fast was it really? Now you went and bought more equipment to further your resolve....to shut us up. You even need to figure out how you going to get that micro to 80 without running out of radio range!

Now, you have to do another video of your run. EVERYBODY wants to see it. You can't post it (even the two failed attempts) because the file size was just too big. I believe one guy offered to share his bandwidth show you can show us. And NOW you don't want to post the video cause a few people pulled your Hoe Card? I now say that you don't want to post a video cause you have realized the truth. If it was me, I would have never posted anything like that in the first place without showing positive proof.

As much as I like to see you prove me wrong, I say no micro will ever see a 80+ mph run. It could be, repeat, COULD BE possible on a closed circuit, not a straightaway.

my.02........
Yeah, the reason my car is only going 54 mph in the latest video, is because it was a test run, not a speed run. Also, the speed reading of the car in the air was 96mph, on the ground driving it was 70mph. I bought new crystal to improve my range since the old ones were bad. Also, I did post the video of the run, but you have to change it to quick time video player to veiw it, that's why people couldn't get it to work. No one offered me bandwidth. THe reason I can't get a video yet is, my car was glitching on the last run, the reason, the esc connector that goes to the reciever was bad, so I ordered some new ones. I'm trying my best, but I keep having to buy new stuff to get it to work well again (since I got the new battery pack). At least nothings broken, even crashing at over 50mph.