R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Ive got bce chassis with elite Motor mount. So i wanted to go lower on the pinion but i can barely get away with a 13 tooth, so i went back to my 43 tooth 2.o spur. But the pocket in the bce is not big enough for the spur, so i shimmed up the center diff.
Ridley can you recommend a pinion to start with ? Im using the pro 4 4000 .
I know you mentioned it in the past but ive forgotten. Gna test on friday and work out the temps
Im running at this track, my truck is the white one with white rims , proline malitia body...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbxOKl06omM
I run the pro 4 4600, and use a 14T/40.

I have a friend that uses the same 43T 2.0 spur. He insists he can feel a difference in punch with the 43 even though the final ratios are near identical. I would think you should be able to get away with a 17/43 with the 4000kv, at least a 16t. If you can't, there might be some other issues with drag/bind/bearings.

Just watched the vid and saw it's carpet. As you have more traction than dirt, you'll be drawing more amps and creating more heat than dirt. I've never ran carpet personally, so I could only guess you'd have to gear down at least one tooth from a dirt settup.