R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Personally, I think he hit the nail on the head with his list of very functional, bang for the buck parts.

I can appreciate the aluminum shock collars and caps, but have never had any problem with the plastic shock parts that I still run today. And they're lighter.

Shock standoffs are nice, for sure, and can aid in quick shock adjustments - but I can tell you I think I've moved my shock locations a grand total of once so far.

Aluminum rear hubs are nice, and perhaps they make your bearings last longer, but for $1 a bearing from Avid I'm not too worried about it. I think the dirt and grime will get the bearings before the plastics will.

The parts I do appreciate from the tuning kit are the carbon fiber towers, and I'd probably add those to the list of Ridley's should-haves.

The tuning kit does give you a lot of items for your truck at a very good price. And lets face it .. we're all in love with the truck and what's it hurt to add a few more quality pieces for it? There are no WRONG pieces for this truck. Just need to prioritize what you want. Some people just love to tinker anyway ... it's all a hobby. Enjoy!
I absolutely agree with the shock towers, at least the rear. Something other than stock, anything really, is a necessity I would edit my post but it seems others are enjoying doing that for me

I was trying not to get suckered into another pisssing match, so I was hasty in making my list