R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Jeff Werner
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ty is a HB driver. HB has the ability to use his success in promoting their products. Along with Proline, Os, Tekno, ect. That is why companies support racers....to test, win and promote their products. The D8 has been around for a good amount of time. It has been a very good value and continues to be. Looking back at Neobuggy images (Of past events and years)of Ty's D8 you can see that he had a ton of success with the buggy that anyone can buy. So at this event they tested something new. Did well with it and that will/can help out the HB loyal racers or new customers.

I am coming over from racing a MBX6 M Spec last season. Mugen had their racers run Truggy rear towers, +5 Chassis and battery forward new radio trays. All of which you can buy NOW. At the time the buggy did well (Europe Event that escapes me) it was parts not in any kit. I would have to buy those parts if I wanted to race that buggy. This is the same situation. The buggy is a D8 with Lightning arms and a Kyosho shock. I can build one just like it if I want to or I can run my stock D8 and tune it to where I race and do well. A stock D8 won our local big event last season and does very well in the hands of the locals here....that is the reason I bought the D8. I can get setup help locally and they are doing well here. I bet more stuff is bought because of what is fast at your home track then what wins on the Pro tour. Good Job TY and HB for a sweep at the NC!