R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DEST210R thread
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Autocratic
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
The positive side of things? Should I be happy that my shocks blow oil out the shock caps and I constantly have to top them off and bleed the air out because I can't find any shock cap o-rings? Or maybe I should just be happy with the unbalanced stock spring set and deal with the way it is because spring sets aren't available? No, what makes me the happiest is that I had to fashion a chunk of steel to mount my rear camber links because I can't buy a replacement tranny housing. And I know TD doesn't physically make the parts. But if they're having issues with the company they're outsourcing that too, FIND ANOTHER COMPANY TO MAKE THEM! Here's another thought, instead of putting out press releases to us about new and upcoming kits, put out a statement of why parts supply is low and/or on backorder. Give us some information as to when we can expect some stock. Maybe, call me crazy here, a simple apology and let us know they're working on it!
I'm assuming you're blowing oil out of the bottom of the caps and not the bleeder screw holes?

I found some Losi shock cap o-rings that fit and have been working just fine for me. I'll say that they are too thin, but there are ways to fix issues without using TD parts. You can also cut the Losi 22 bladders and use them as cap o-rings as well.

The transmission camber mounts everyone is having issues with, and I'm sure isn't pleased about it either. Again, there are ways around these issues. Tresrey has a carbon link coming, Marcus @ RCShox has one, and there is a guy from the Oople forum that makes a carbon one as well.

Again, you don't have to use TD parts. Especially the springs, as the Losi BB springs work just fine. There is a guy at my local track that is still on the stock kit springs running mod and he's one of the fastest drivers.

I understand your frustration, but you're not the only one with the same issues. Your same opinions have been voiced many times over by other users on this forum and it does get old.