R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM
6376vette
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
A tip for all of you that are having heat issues. I run my car geared at 38/35 on all tracks short and long. my temps barely get above 120*(ran for 20min straight yesterday!!!) and i have the cheapo hobbywing motor! one of our locals smoked two silver cans geared at 30/35 within two practice days. there are two things you can do to get your motor happy, keep in mind that there are alot of gears and alot of bearings therefore a lot of parasitic drag. Remove all of your bearings, soak them in brake cleaner overnight. In the morning shake whatever container you have them soaking in, remove from the container and if you have a compressor blow them out, if not then just use your mouth. When you are done put about 5 drops of the lightest synthetic motor oil in each bearing on one side of the bearings, replace and feel the difference!! If you dont want to go this route buy a set of AVID ceramics which work even better and they also help out with the front end slop!
Great tip but I would be sure to use a very low air pressure with the compressor. You can blow the balls out if you're not careful.