R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Evoracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

This situation with the tires really doesn't have to be so bad. There are 2 other tire types available for on road VTA. The "performance" treaded and the D compound slicks. AT THE CLUB LEVEL I see no reason these tires couldn't be made available as "option" tires should there be issues. Granted, this doesn't solve the issue for National sanctioned events but isn't the larger percentage of our racing "club" level ??
Our club just adopted the Vintage Slick as an option tire at all times.The way i look at it is that we should allow our drivers to use a set of treaded tires until they're coming apart. We see no performance advantage using a slick tire so there's no real worry about using the D compound slicks. VTA folks are at least aware of the 'official" rules and nobody is tryiing to change that.
As for complaining to HPI....maybe we should spend more time complimenting them first !!! Like others have said...without them we don't exist. I, for one, can live with a little inconvenience 1 time in my 5 year involvement with VTA.
KUDOS HPI !!