R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:43 PM
FastHound
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
...Something to watch out for with any of the racks, is when you get them tightened up, make sure that counter sunk screw that holds the drag link to the servo is up in the rack so it sits flush with the rack or it will cause bind issues when the rack moves back and forth. Both the V1 and V2 use the same bearings and are pressed in so neither one is better than the other as far as stock slop goes.
Listen to this! My first run on Saturday with my 411 and the screw hung on the rack damaging the servo beyond repair. Thankfully, I had packed a spare. Not a great one, but a spare. This was after the driveline was all bound up due to a bad front hub bearing. Big thanks to NUCRPTRACER for a good bearing! Help and generosity like this is what makes RC racing so great and our local track, R/Car, a class facility. Also, I was on motor #2 by heat race #1.

What I can say good is my first experience with the Serpent was excellent. I have never had such a stable car so easy to drive. The bite in the track came up quick making the kit setup pretty good. I was ready to tighten up the car with bar changes and more rear toe, but it just didn't need it. During heat 2 I lost bite with 2 minutes to go but I believe this was soft tires overheating. Although, when the car started to lose bite it stayed completely neutral. I am impressed and very excited to put more time into testing to make this car even better.

Thanks also to cwoods34 for the help on Saturday!