R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Mr.juarez
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
because the ones that come with the HD cases are heavy , idk the exact material its some kind of metal. This rotating mass hurts efficiency of your system and will cause your motor to heat up.

The DE inserts are some kind of plastic. these will save a bunch of weight and save your cases. When they wear just put new inserts in : )
I ran the crap out of mine with these heavy inserts and my motor was at 117 after killing a full 6000mah with 1800. It doesn't get hot it's just I want that thing hahaha

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
The chassis will flex and hit the motor and then will strip the plastic spur. Take I off young skywalker!!!!!!! And the force will be with u!!!!!!!!
Again I have always ran that rear brace with plastic spur and I have yet to kill one. On the other hand my friend did shread one, but his motor mount plate screws came loose.
Originally Posted by RCaddict0
Thanks guys! lol
No, really...An thoughts or help? I read the rear gear box inserts, gear box wears. I was thinking maybe replace them and shim the diff.
Start off with losi factory shims, 3 on each side

2 .25 shims and 1 .10 on the left bearings insert, then 3 .10 on the right side.