R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - First electric on road 1:10 for 100% RC NOOB.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:27 PM
jf+
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Turnigy batteries from Hobbyking are quite good, and a great value. Go for those. I'd recommend a 5000mAh or more, 20-30C should be fine but more is ok too.. I've had zero issues with them and great run times...

I drive a B4.1, so I can't really comment on your car. Never heard of it. I also go by kV rating, not by turns. Turns only tells you how the motor was constructed, not its RPM... Unfortunately kV rating doesn't hand the amount of torque over to you either. For 540 size motors, a kV rating of 4000 give or take 1000 is probably where you want to be. Lower kV is OK! You aren't street racing, you want punch and low-end torque, not blinding top speed. I run a Reedy 3300kV motor that has plenty of punch for my hard-pack clay outdoor track - good lap times are a shade under 30 seconds. I also have a 4600kV Castle 1406 motor that I haven't used yet, because everbody says I'd be a lunatic to run something with much power and I'd have to de-tune the crap out of it.