R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion
Old 02-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Bumpy
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 10R5.1 vs RCdevil at the NZ Nationals

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Man that must have been hard for him, being beaten by his own car that he has sold for another, funny but good job

How were the driving conditions? The track looks wettish with dark spots on it.
Originally Posted by Joost K.
Wasn't that the same guy with the shock problem on the RC Devil?
Hey guys. Yes it was a bit gutting to be beaten by my own car but hey, at least I was beaten by my own car and not one of those Xrays. The track was a bit greasy all weekend as it rained for a while on the Friday night and then on Saturday morning too, but the other thing to take into account here is that we don't run traction additive here in New Zealand as it is not permitted. The other guy that was running one of my chassis's qualified 9th and finished 5th in the end so not to bad. The first main before the one that Bishy put on here was a clear away win for me. Unfortunately Bishy had to rush to the stand as he had an F1 race before our first pro10 main and he managed to make a slight mistake off the line and I got the pass at the start and got the win by half a lap. Unfortunately I pulled a bit too much steering off the line in the second main and it hooked sideways. Then I kept tangling with other guys and couldn't catch Bishy in the end. The 3rd main was a bit of a repeat of the second unfortunately for me and I kept getting tangled up with back markers. Bishy got that little lead on me and I just couldn't quite peg him back. Oh well, with the level of racers getting better all the time I was just really happy to be at the pointy end of the field with the new car that I had no track time with before that weekend. BTW, The shocks arrived on my door step 2 days before we travelled to the Nationals so it was close, thanks Freddy for shipping them out just in time. I've attached a few pics of the 10R5.1 before I sold it to Bishy. I am about to refine the rear pod and change the chassis a bit in the next few months so will put some pics of that up when its done. The other funny thing that was said over the weekend was comments from the mod TC drivers, they were slightly upset that we were turning the same lap times in pro10 running 13.5 boosted with 2s lipo as they were in Mod TC. Gota love that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.JPG
Views:	529
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	884019   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0217.JPG
Views:	534
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	884020   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0222.JPG
Views:	609
Size:	100.2 KB