R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durability concern 1/8 E-Buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Monteman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Durability concern 1/8 E-Buggy

I'm in the market for a new 1/8 E-buggy.

Lets see if i can get an answer to this question without igniting a flame war.

I have no plans of racing competitively with the buggy, what model would the general consensus as the leader in durability? I'm really hoping to not be replacing parts all the time.

Kit or RTR doesn't matter to me, im as comfortable building it as i am just taking it out of the box and charging some batteries. Probably ever only going to see 4s Lipo tops pushing a MMM with an 1800kv shorty or a 2650kv (if i add the power system myself).

I had a used associated RC8be but only drove it a little bit on road before snow this year so i didn't have a good feel for that one. I was looking at the RC8.2e but im also wondering about the HPI Vorza Flux. What else is there that can take a bit of a beating without throwing parts all the time?

My biggest reason for this is just parts availability. Both local LHS seem to have some issues with AE ad HPI/HB right now due to a distributor deal that im not fully aware of. So likely i will end up getting parts from the US. Just don't want to be placing orders every other week to bring something else in.

So what do you guys think?