R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 02:29 PM
wwddww34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Originally Posted by AZrcdriver
Sorry if this has been asked a ton of times but I haven't found a good answer in my searches yet.

Just getting my feet wet in VTA racing and I have a TC5 VTA setup on route to me now.

I have a buddy looking for a car as well.

My question is this: Is the HPI Sprint2 a good starting point for a VTA car or is one better off finding something else?

He has a couple older Losi's but I don't know if parts are around to make them work.

Thoughts from those who have been around more.
It is a great car with solid parts availability, and especially starting with the VTA style one, you are almost legal out of the box (add ESC and motor). Most clubs will also let you run it box stock just to get your feet wet. When someone comes out with a true RTR VTA car, i have the feeling they are going to do very well with it.
I agree with orcadigital. The HPI Sprint 2 Sport with '69 Camaro body and mounted VTA tires and wheels is a great starter car for anybody looking to get into VTA. It has solid parts availability too. I was able to buy one at my LHS for $229.00 plus taxes. All I have to do to make it fully USVTA legal is buy a Novak Club ESC and 25.5 motor.