R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 02-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Flygio
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aarcobra
You are certainly correct in your observations about price and what you get for your money!

As I indicated in my reply to another post, I hoped that the pan class would enable me to race at a slower, cheaper pace (and I believe that is the thought of many here). I still believe there is a market for a $200 rolling chassis based on say an Associated 300BD (probably made in China ) for newbies and old guys who probably should quit !

As far as your comment "If you choose to race pan cars you mustn't do it beacuse of little money. That's a bad mentality in racing."

At least here in the States, there is and has always been different types of folks involved in RC Racing: "real racers", "hobbiests", "1:1 scale racing fans", and "those that just wanna have fun" I guess the situation now is that only the "hard core-real racers" are left, at least mostly.

One thing for sure is that it's a GREAT hobby/sport! I know for sure!
Pan cars are, and will always be, cheaper to race than 4WD. Seriously, nobody is able to spend more than 4WD

The bigger step forward in performance, and sadly costs, is REAR TOE IN. Beacuse the car gains so much traction that you are really tempted to go harder on engines. And you actually can. I mean when you see pan car with sauced tires easily cope with 9 ports top level motors, you just put your hands up.

But we must be honest and say also that with toe in everybody is able to enjoy RWD without spinning around.

I do it for fun too, but every damn category is going up in complexity and competitiveness.