R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Racing Styles, Tips and Tricks ...
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 09:00 AM
compaq888
Tech Addict

1-2 bodies a month, gawd damn

Usually it takes me months and months to severly tear a body where it can't be used for racing. Hell I even run bodies with 3 mounting holes and still manage to keep with other cars on the straight.

Tip I have is go slow on the track for the first couple of weeks, we know you want to see what the car got and how good it handles but that's pointless, because if you never drove the car before you'll just do lots of damage.

Another tip I have is if you're short on cash there is nothing wrong with snooping around the garbage at the track. I've found good stuff, like a couple of sets of foams that I still use and they make my car handle good. Also I found so many body clips on the track that I won't need to buy any for years to come. Also when everybody is done with racing walk around the track, you'll find some goodies, like titanium screws, different kinds of springs, car parts, like dogbones and etc.
I do this because I'm a budget racer.

Another tip, If someone cuts you off at the track, or hits your car, don't go chasing them around the track and trying to beat them, since you're pissed off you're not focused on the driving, but focused on revenge and showing who has more balls. Just let them go, you'll do more damage to the car trying to chase them around the track.

And the most important tip is make sure you're not running the same frequency as someone else, I can't stress this enough, make sure you're the only one on your channel. I had all my cars severly screwed up because somebody forgot to look at the frequency board or paper to make sure they were the only once that had that frequency. If you are sharing the same frequncy with someone make sure your radio is off while the other person is on the track, some of us can't afford a new car because someone else forgot to switch off their radio. Even with the failsafe on the car you can still cause a lot of damage, since failsafe make the car brake, not get out of the way.