R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Geppetto
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default CGM, I'm making the swtch...

Despite my sucess with my SD Black (won the first point series at my track $$$), I decided to get the CGM conversion. I'm halfway through the transition, and I have a few questions:

- Are the included shock towers durable? In my worst wreck with my SD, I broke the front shock tower and was done. I replaced it with a rear shock tower and never experienced that problem again.

- Servo saver??? The conversion kit came with a servo saver, however the instructions say that if you want more precise steering, use the servo horn from the SD. The instructions go on to say that you risk destroying your servo gears in a bad wreck. What is everyone else doing for a servo saver on the CGM?

- Weight??? I run stock, and I believe the low weight of my SD Black contributed to my success. I weighed my SD Black yesterday before I began taking it apart, and it weighed a scant 1380 grams.

I can't help but wonder if the increased weight of the CGM will impact my ability to win races. I'm using Ti screws. I've got the Square Ti front and rear input shafts and my drivetrain is very free.

Last, I recall seeing a photo of Masami's CGM where the front brace that covers the steering components was removed. Is anyone else doing this, if so, what particular parts are needed.

BTW, if it makes any difference... I race stock on medium grip asphalt with foam tires (sometimes rubber).

Thanks!