R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Go Kart racing in Hendersonville TN
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 09:28 PM
mracer
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamedgerc
I'll have to check them out. Are they open for practice or have practice days scheduled? Sorry, I've only been here in TN for a couple of weeks or so. I really need to start getting around and seeing what Nashvegas has to offer. Of course with kart in hand LOL.

Robert
Wednesday night 5-10pm for on-road practice. They race off-road on Saturday and have the track setup for oval practice on Saturday (no on-road) On-road is raced on most Sundays. The on-road track was rebuilt this summer and is pretty smooth. They also fixed one of the a/c units last summer, so it doesn't get too hot in there.

You can get more info by going to http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/ if you click on the ustream play tab you can see the actual track, but the lights are not on. There is also a schedule on there. Robert Dirla runs the place and does a pretty good job with it, and there is really good group of "serious" guys there that are willing to help. We have several guys that race regularly that are competitive on a national level. It is better to come by on an actual race day and see everyone. Most of the guys are pretty reserved and concentrating on race days, but you can approach about anyone and they will answer any questions you have. Come meet us!