R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 09:48 AM
imjonah
Tech Addict

Default Chassis setup questions

I have an XXX-S (not graphite).

1. In order to get a 5mm ride height in the front I have to have both L and R shock collars right at the very top of the shock,

[I believe I have the stock .36 shafts on all four shocks, I am using the OF pivot block in the top holes and the stock roll center blocks. I am using the 4 percent carriers, with the arms forward]

2. on the setup sheets the list
Caster
_ Kickup
_ Anti-dive
_ Carrier

I thought that the combination of pivot block, pivot block placement(upper or lower holes), and carrier determined kickup and anti-dive and there were not seperate adjusments for those.

3. Is there a way of determining what thickness of the anti-sway bar you have. My front sway bar slides from left to right and right to left at the point it attaches to the front of the diff covers is that normal?

4. Are the setups which include a one-way of any use for those people not using a one way? What about setup sheets using a mod motor for those running stock?

5. I have replaced bushings with bearings in the steering links, how important is it to get rid of the reamaining slop in the steering? It bothers me that people list front toe out using decimal point accuracy 1.5 percent, and when I measure it there seems to be 2 percent slop either way, same with camber.

Thanks in advance,