R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Corner
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2002, 06:31 PM
The Tick
Tech Rookie

Damn, you guys are awesome. I never thought I would get this much help on this board.

Anyways, yes I'm using the right shock tower with the notched one in the rear. I'm also using schuie springs.

After tinkering with this thing all morning. I've come to the conclusion that my springs must be long. Anything softer than red fits pretty snug with no play. I could fix that by unscrewing the ball cups a little, but that would'nt effect ride height.

I figured if the setup sheet in the manual got 6-6.5mm ride height with the softer longer springs and I got the same, then that's just the way it is.

I added some spacers on top of the diff cases to drop the rear to 5mm with blue springs. The fronts are at 4.5mm with the red springs. I'm happy now, but don't know how it will handle.

RacerX: It did handle great last night, but I had it setup really weird to lower the ride height. It was like 3.5 in the rear with outer hole on arm with 1mm spacers to keep it from dragging on the ground. I guess I just want to see if I could make it better.

Thanks again guys!