R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best body for 1/10 nitro touring
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
EEL Monster
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by daleepp
EEL Monster;
I'll be perfectly honest with you - we don't get many complaints about our racebodie's lacking durability - not that I doubt your word. Matter of fact - we tend to hear just the opposite most of the time - that Protoform bodies are more durable than "brand X". I attend club races at least 10-12 times a year, and I attend at least 6 large "Nationals/Worlds" type races a year and have been for the last 19 years. I seriously cannot remember the last time someone came to me with a durability complaint. I'm dead serious.

Are you having these said problems with the 1/8th bodies or 1/10th ? What weight are you having the most problems with? Were they Lite weight (.030) or Pro-lite (.025). Or was it with Regular weight .040 on the 1/8th on-road bodies?

I noticed at the bottom of your post that you have a couple of "other" body manufacturers mentioned. Are you sponsored by either?
Thanks in advance for your response.

best regards - Dale Epp - Protoform
G'Day Dale,

I had trouble with lightweight 200mm tourer bodies & especially the 200mm Lola bodies tearing
It's not a problem for a single meet. They last plenty great for that
It's for clubbys. I noticed a discernable difference in longevity particularly with the 200mm Lola bodies
I have to pay for my bodies. It's no cheaper for me to run either brand. I've just had a good run with the latters bodies

Btw the SRS-N looks AWESOME

Regards
Enver Jappie