R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Randy_Pike
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adam lancia
...and the culture of instant gratification strikes again... sheesh.

Randy, I know you're bust right now (see above) but you can take your time answering this, I won't be on track for a few more months at the earliest. I posted this and was hoping you could give me your thoughts on my situation (see below). Thanks in advance!

"Quick question about the wire posts on a standard: I'm running 12th scale 10.5/13.5 with and LRP X12. If I have the +'ve and -"ve battery posts covered with shrink wrap, is that going to cause overheating problems? I'll be running mild boost on an average sized track. The motor wire posts are not covered by shrink wrap. Thanks in advance!

Maybe I should explain how I have it setup. The posts aren't completely covered, I've soldered male bullets onto the tops of the battery posts and I've got heat shrink on the female bullets coming from the battery. I'd say the top 1/4 of the posts are covered. I'll keep an eye on temps (whenever I get a chance to run it) and report back."
There's no real reason to shrink wrap the posts. They're not likely ever going to come in contact with each ohter. It won't ruin the esc, worst case it runs hotter than non soldered posts. This mind you would only be noticed if you had the posts facing in the direction of air flow in the first place(which most don't).