R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need Advice..Best Touring Car for Drag Racing??
Old 02-15-2012, 02:56 PM
alvinsmith75
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Need Advice..Best Touring Car for Drag Racing??

I used to drag race 10th scale touring cars a while back and at the time I ran a Mugen MTX3 nitro. This was a belt driven car and the belts held up great to both small and big block nitro engines. I have since made the switch to electric in all my rc adventures and am looking for an electric 10th scale 4wd touring car that can handle the abuse we put them through. I know the electric motors can deliver much more power and am looking for a car with a drivetrain that can take it.

Let me tell you more. We spray the ground with VP LC6 which is a very sticky traction compound. If you walk on it your shoe will actually stick to the ground and I have seen it pull shoes off people before. We use foam tires and have to put wheelie bars on the touring cars to keep them from flipping over backwards coming off the line. I would like to make one purchase and have the right car to do the job. I know nothing about the current cars on the market. The cars we ran sucessfully on nitro were the mugen, serpent and associated tc3. I had a traxxas 4tec and although it was fast, the rear belt would not last more than 2 runs at a time.

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alvin