R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:20 PM
chongo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
I would try different tires in the rear. A slicks if that's what you are using is Tamiya's softest ones. Best this to do is check what your fast guys at the track are using. I guess ask Ivan.
The reason some have suggested more rear droop is to give more weight transfer to the front off power coming into a turn.
I would try higher rear ride height than the front and see if that helps with you push.
On my shocks, (Al ones) the shockends can wiggle on the balls to avoid binding. Using step screws to mount the shocks, still should be loose enough to avoid binding. If there is a lot of up down slop then are the plastic end holes worn and now too big?
Thanks
I'll check my AL shock/caps tonite. I believe my rear ride height is 1 mm higher than the front already, but I'll double check.
I think Ivan runs s-grips front, m-grips rear, but I've been running my tire combo for a year and this push just started.
It must be in the droop and or ball diff gone bad. I switched back to a gear diff to rule out the ball diff being worn out.
If I could get out to practice i would know more.