R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Carcar
Thread: Carcar
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM
IronRing Racing
Tech Master

lol, funny post, guy excavated his entire basement in Sask using only RC vehicles!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/02...sing-only.html

Coincidentally, that's the same year I bought my first hobby RC car.

For the tech idea, what they did in Vic worked great. Basically 3 teams of 3, so 9 guys, and they organized the teams based on what classes the guys were running. Given we have say, around 18 heats, it's only 2 races to tech per person; or only about 5-7min of tech table work per 4hr round. Really easy, really light burden, but made a HUGE difference for all the racers that there is always consistent tech, and always someone at the table.

They had the "tech team" pit by the tech table, which at CarCar will be on your way to the drivers stand. So if you can picture what the normal WCICS track/pit layout is, the tech team would be pitted at the NW corner of the pit area. That way once the main rush of cars for tech is over, you can sit back down at your table and if a late-comer needs to be teched, you're 10' away from the tech table and can quickly get him teched and on his way.

Super easy, super quick, and provided the best Tech experience of all the WCICS races.

The catch is that we need enough hands to make it light work. So 9 guys, and preferably a 10th who is the Tech Director for our race, and has the final say on any particular issue should it arise.

In case you're worried you might be given a hard time, tech has gone really smoothly for all the WCICS races. In almost 700 entries so far this season, we've only had 4 guys not pass (weight after race, non-Tamiya drivetrain, etc.) They were almost all in the early rounds, so they only lost an early qualifier.

Really, that's less than 0.5% fail rate, which is incredible!

So it's an easy job, you're helping your fellow racer, and it helps make our race the best!

We've got a couple people in mind for Tech Director, but if you're interested please feel free to PM Ivan or myself.

Josh