Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 AM
UrabusDenis
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
It doesn't need any alloy parts, the plastic parts work just fine. The only part that is really recommended to be replaced is the motor mount if you are racing. The plastic mount needs the metal mounting plate in the kit to clamp the motor in place, and if the motor gets hot it can soften the plastic motor mount and cause the motor to move, which usually means a damaged spur gear as well and it's difficult to get the gear mesh right again. Of course if you aren't racing it and the motor isn't getting hot, then the plastic mount will be fine.

If you want to upgrade it you can buy a nice motor mount side alloy plate from Tamiya, 3Racing or Yeah Racing, but it is not much more to buy a complete alloy pod from 3Racing, Yeah Racing
Hmm, I though it would be something like that. I have an Ezrun 13T motor which doesn't produce any heat at all. However I wanted to run this car with brushed electronics I have left (start with Sports Tuned, then change to Orion 16x3... Vantage David Spashett edition 12T would probably be too much ) and these motors do generate quite a lot of heat. I guess I'll just order a aluminium rear pod. BTW stupid questions, can TC shocks be used?

Last edited by UrabusDenis; 02-13-2012 at 07:37 AM.