R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 AM
texastc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im slightly concerned with the build. Ive finished the car. With many hop ups . Firstly is the front wheel bearing movement. How much is too much? I am running the option front alloy hubs, it seems as though there is excessive play.
Yes there is alot of play. 3racing have a new axle coming soon (according to their site) hopefully that will fix it

Another thing is the movement in the alloy steering system. I feel like the counter sunk 2mm screws should be shimmed up for less movement, as they seem to have both (up and down) and (side to side) slop.
I dont have the alloy steering, but try shimming see if it helps. Have not heard an issue there yet. But havent heard many having the alloy set

I have fitted a hobbywing 13t mini motor and i am running a 26t pinion, but it was a very tight fit as it hits on the top deck pole on the back of the motor. Have others had this problem? Any type of fix?
yes, we all have had the problem. Dremel.

Lastly what tyre brands are of there? peoples preference?
Ride, HPI and Pit Shimizu. FGX accepts the HPI F Ten wheels, so they can share the same tires as well. I have only run the Pit Shimizu Grooved tires, soft rear, medium front, they work very well.

Cheers for the help josh[/QUOTE]