R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution IV
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 09:45 AM
rtypec
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Jeff, the car handled well. I have only driven the car a total of nine battery packs including this weekend and so far so good. It still needs a few setup changes but I didn't have much time to work on those as I was having a great time hanging out. Yeah, the cars had neat goodies in them but DJ's had a whole slew of trick stuff going on.

As for setup...settings were relativly box stock and were something DJ ended up with last weekend. The changes off the top of my head are:

2mm under front inner camber link
0mm under rear inner camber link
shocks all the way out on towers
red springs with Tamiya 500-2 hole pistons
ride height 4.5mm front and rear
camber -1 front and rear
downtravel 23.8mm front and 24.5mm rear (I'm not too sure about this one)
*edit-downtravel measured with wheels off and chassis on setup board from top of the axles to board

Everything else was built as per instructions (arm direction, spacing, etc.)

The car is VERY good for the first 2-3 minutes but turned into a handful when the tires overheated. I think I was always on the wrong tire insert for the track conditions...woops Other than that, this thing has MAD RIP coming out of corners and exhibits such a microscopic amount of tourque steer with a 7x1 V2 that goes unnoticed.

Huge props to Fred Medel for winning 19T with a light weight suspension equipped 415. He, Charlie and Corey put on one of the best demonstrations I've ever seen on how to race clean and tight for five minutes.

Last edited by rtypec; 08-09-2004 at 10:26 AM.