R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Sleighty
Tech Addict

Originally posted by agower
can people please stop asking if he has got them the right way round and if he has tried swapping them over, as it has been said about 10 times about this problem in the last 2 pages and he has answerd to each one nearly, saying YES he has got them the right way roudn and tried swapping the side over and the problem was til on the same side. which is why i am convinced that its a bad outdrive, slightly shorter than normal.

like i said try swapping the front and rear diffs and try again. i may be wrong but i very much doubt it.

thanks!!
A Gower
The reason we keep asking this questions is because that is the most likely answer, without knowing for sure that he has checked this particular part which is a different size front to rear then we cannot help.

Still sounds like you have something somwhere the wrong way round.

I know what you mean about the droop but use the droop gauge and set the droop and then make sure your shock lengths are the correct length each side (which im sure considering you mentioned calipers you have done)
I had this problem when I last rebuilt my diff that I had too much droop so my diff made this strange noise. I suddenly realised that i had pretty much the same problem that you have. Make sure that;
You shocks are attached to the car and set to the correct lengths and positions
You droop is correct acording to the droop gauge.

If i can think of anything else I will let you know, as i keep staring at my car to try work out whats up with yours