R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rotor magnet test I-Gauss or others
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
hana166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got one of those fact machines. Very good.

Interesting to note the difference in strength for N and S showing if the rotor is balanced. Balanced is good.

I run boosted so whether the rotor is 1190 (Novak) or 1930 (Graupner) it doesn't make a huge difference to outright performance if you are able to find the ultimate timing map.

As a note my experience (in 13.5 TC) is whilst stronger magnets produce torque, they do not accept a lot of timing well, particularly at the bottom end (LRP Graupner Corally) and can get very hot indeed, and fade, so yes they're quick but you can't push them as hard. Quite the opposite view from another poster.

I've got a Corally, 4 Graupners, 3 Novaks, 2 GM's. All are very quick on all layouts over 5 min with completely different rotor strengths, provided the timing map and gearing is spot on perfect.

The Novak with its weak 1190 gauss rotor runs relatively cool and can be pushed outrageously hard in terms of the timing map..get the rip by a combination of end bell timing, gearing and midrange timing map, then the weak rotor comes into its own on the straight giving massive top end..

On paper its rubbish..but its not. Its the fastest of the lot if you get it right according to the speed gun I used. Great motor. Sometimes racing makes no sense at all