R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The 2012 Snowbird Nationals: 01/31/12 - 2/05/12
Old 02-10-2012, 07:30 AM
L.Fairtrace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
+1

The only format I find to be better than the quals +1 main, is the RROC format, but even that I'd leave to the MOD/Invitational crowd.

If only there were a race series that determined an overall champion.......
I really dont know how anyone can disagree with triple A mains.

I spent 1500 bucks, a week of vacation time off of work and got almost no sleep for a week. Raced 18 hours a day. Qualified top 3 in the 3 classes I tried in, only to have all that time and work wasted/ruined on the first lap by other drivers. It almost makes me not want to go to any more races that are not triple A mains.

This has happened to me almost countless times at the Snowbirds and other Big races without triple A's. It almost makes me consider the TQ of the class the winner because the mains are more luck than skill a lot of the time.

Apoligies after the race for ruining my whole week are not going to cut it any more. I'm going to start treating others as I have been treated on starts. Unfortunate as it is this attitude is going to trickle down and make mains awful imo.

IMO if the race does not have triple A mains they should restart Mains where multiple people get peeled on the first lap.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-10-2012 at 07:43 AM.