R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Radio System, How much of a difference does it make?
Old 02-10-2012, 06:51 AM
scflow21
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Radio System, How much of a difference does it make?

So im somewhat new to the hobby and racing. I have been racing for about 6 months now. I run a Losi SCTE and Associated T4.1. Both I have built and put nice electronics in them (Tekin esc's and motors in both with Savox Servos). Now that my driving skills have become better and better im wandering how much my radio could be holding me back? I currently have an old Spektrum Dx2s radio and sr3000 is both trucks. Ive heard other racers talk about the transmission rate from radio to receiever and how much it can hinder you but I havnt driven anyone elses setups to know what the difference feels like. I guess im just trying to understand alittle more how the transmission rate works? and what do some of you more seasoned racers recommend? A couple buddys run the Airtronics M11 and really seem to like that and it seems most guys at my local track run the DX3r pro. Thanks for any help and suggestions you guys can offer!