Thread: Team Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
LosiSean
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I still have mine. My XXX-S started life as a new Sport RTR many years ago, but soon after purchasing it I bought some red aluminum pieces from Dynamite and Trinity Matt Francis. Stuff like the front and rear hubs, drive hexes, battery strap and posts, motor clamp with a heatsink, and red foam front bumper. It sat on a shelf for a few years until I recently got back into the hobby. I found a brand new graphite main chassis at a hobby shop in Dallas and began restoring and converting my XXX-S to a graphite/aluminum hybrid to compete in VTA eventually. A hobby shop close to me had a bunch of legacy new-in-package Losi XXX-S parts and graphite parts so I have been able to build a very large spares collection and get other parts for the "restoration" easily.

The Dynamite stuff looks spectacular and works very well, but it is getting pretty hard to find. Your best bet is to just scour fleabay every few days or so until something pops up. The Trinity Matt Francis stuff is even harder to find, it seems. I'm sure there were other companies out there that made aluminum stuff for the one-belt wonder, but I only wanted red stuff and Dynamite and TMF fit the bill, so that's all I bought.

All mine needs now to be VTA-ready is the HPI '68 Camaro body (my favorite of the bunch), the spec wheels and tires, and a 25.5 motor and esc system. This car was sure fun running in a 19T brushed class on asphalt back in the day.