R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 08:25 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
I have read about and seen in person the ability of the pro 4 on concrete and asphalt tracks. Very impressive.

What are the guys that race them on carpet thinking about the pro 4? There is a good chance my local track may put carpet in and I am in the thinking that a Pro 4 may be my next sedan.

Thanks

Jeff
I can second that.....today, was my debut of the outdoor asphalt TC with my PRo 4 since........1983 (that was the first time I ran electric with my Tamiya)...........my PRO 4 using some local guys setup, and I know nothing about elect motor (that I need to true, whcih I don't even have a lathe and don't even know hows that work) with a 10T Triple (used and never trued sine the original buyer brought the motor sevearl months ago)....some old 3300 batteresi...a v7.1 LRP ESC and a 3003 servo.....I ended up like 3rd against those who race ONLY electric touring at our track...

I am sure my driving skill is definitely helps. but that PRO 4 (again, used) ........my car is ON RAIL..........using some old left over nitro FOAM tires and a pretty bad 10T motor, the car ran even better then my NTC3, which today, my PRO 4 ran 1 lap faster then the NTIRO (even beat the TQ nitro time)....

I never ran other 190mm TC beside the PRO 4..........but this car DOES impressed me big time....also, I DNF the first qualifier because I solder the wire REVERSE when I launch my car I hit 3 cars behind me, and I DNF the 2nd heat because I forgot to tighen the screws of my motor as I stipped the spur.....I ran a 15 laps on the 3rd heat, and then another 14 laps on the main.....and my NITRO best time is still a 14 laps.........

Overall........this PRO 4 is awesome.......P.S. I broke 1 of the front arm, and I realized that all 4 arms are exactly the same, that really save some serious $$$$$$.........