R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Jeremey
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4wd Racer
I'm trying to picture what you are saying, but you are describing the hex piece as touching/close to touching the bearing in the hub, or even the hex piece itself close to touching the hub/touching the bearing? (correct me if I am wrong)

I don't see how that is possible (unless can provide a pic that we can help you with) Are you using the TLR2973 round bearing spacer/divider (not the crush tube), but the round spacer divider like a "washer with a lip on it" that divides the hub carrier from the hex piece (the round washer piece that goes in between those) and this would prevent/separate the hex from touching either the hub/or bearing even at all the way you describe regardless.

Also I am certain there is no need for the pin to seat fully in the hex if there is more recess milled out than necessary. Trying to understand so we all can help you, and others with similar issues that you describe. Thanks.
That washer (TLR2973) is not used with the aluminum hexes if that's what you were thinking.