R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 AM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the notes from the "Birds". Yeah, I'm finding it difficult to go too far below 100 gf/mm too but I've been mainly racing with Sweep 32 spec tires on newer ozite carpet. Come to think of it I raced once with the Sweep OG tires at Timezone II raceway and going softer helped but the traction there is high so it makes sense. Hmmm..... Too many variables with different carpet, different tires, different traction compound. Yet I am still puzzled with Freddy's very soft settings on medium traction carpet. He beat Ronald with it... so I'm not disagreeing with it !

Jake D.
The soft setup is the current thing. The faster cars at Snowbirds all seem to drive on their 'nose' a little bit. Guys are chasing after Yokomo springs to get that Volker-esqe setup.

The setup works well for the classes with more power. I thought the deadened front end was too soft for 17.5 class but felt more at home with boosted car.

Like most setups - there are a lot of variables. But the setup is in the ball park. The Snowbird tires were really inconsistent. You could have pulled 5 sets of tires and 2 sets would have felt the same.

It has been sunny here of late. Hopefully we can get started with our outdoor season early. Anxious to get some asphalt time with this car.

Good thing is there are many ways to get quick with this car.

Any car can win on any Sunday. This past weekend Xray was tops of the field. Mike Haynes looked strong in Expert and Stock while Hagberg checked out on the field in Mod.