R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SERPENT MALAYSIA - News, Support & Discussion Centre
Old 02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
samhun
Tech Adept

Hi serpent,
I started my first serpent impulse the first version sinced 12 years ago, well I have to say it was a great car and made me became a fan of serpent's products. Recently, i just bought a new S411 limited edition and when i install the front C-hubs and steering block, I notice the steering block need to swap each from left to right, which I get "R" steering block with "L" C-hub on left side of my kit and it fit perfectly. I also tested to put the "L" steering block and "L" C-hub on the Left but it doesn't fit and it makes the balljoint on top the C-hubs rubbing the wheels. The instruction manual doesn't says and show nothing about left and right positioning which is the headache part how to follow it.
So far I've noticed few issues of this kit, such as following:
1) Steering block printed wrong direction of the word "R" and "L". (correct me if i'm wrong)
2) Differential has 2 small gears with extra 2 shims but it doesn't shown in the instruction manual.
3) In the initial pages of instruction manual, it shows the rear lower arm pin need to have 3 bushings in the front part. But at the ending pages of the instruction manual shown the 3 bushings are suppose locate at the end part. I'm so confused why is the instruction manual missing so much of description and explanation.
I also have Xray products, their instruction manual is more clearly and more detailing than any other brand. I'm not saying they are the best but at least they have most of the basic steps done well such as item details, description and guidelines. I do hope the Serpent will have some improvement on Product Q.C and more details on the instruction manual.
With the confident and support to Serpent, I will keep on Using serpent's products till the next season. Cheers and all the best.

Thank you,
Samhun

Last edited by samhun; 02-07-2012 at 07:35 PM.