R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6
I am using the stock belts but my rear gear is getting to filled up and it's just this gear the rest is very clean can't understand the reason. The white ball cups have their sixth outing and already there is to much play even though I clean them thoroughly. Just to be sure the ball has to be inserted from where its marked with a ring right?
Check if the exhaust system or engine is leaking. It might spray oil/unburned fuel on the pulley.

Yes the ball needs to be inserted from the somewhat rougher side.
I'm sorry but I can't help on them wearing out after 6 runs, they should last longer then the stock ones.
Did you check the diameter of the balls themselves, maybe those are worn?.

Originally Posted by speed6
Wheel Hex Hub Offset +0,75 - 2PCS what's the stock than and is it for rear or front?

New servo saver with a 13 Ackerman position, benefits?

Aluminium pillow balls hard coated is it worth investing?

Thanks guys
The kit comes with -0.75 hubs for the front and 0 hubs for the rear.
You can use any type of hub for the front or rear, it's a setup thing.
For instance more front offset (0 or 0.75 hubs) will give more steering on turn in.

If my calculations are right the 13mm steering mount gives less ackermann effect. So less difference in angle between both wheels when turning in.
Generally this gives a better handling car on high grip tracks.

The aluminum pivot balls give a massive reduction in unsprung weight. And in a racing car you want to keep the unsprung weight to an absolute minimum. The less unsprung weight the more the damper can focus on maintaining optimal wheel contact instead of damping all the suspension pieces move up and down.
In theory you can also go lighter in springs and dampers, less damping and softer springs equals more overall traction.

However the aluminum ones are more vulnerable, I wouldn't advice them on a track like Ft. myers with the solid track barriers.
Last year I bend two of the front aluminum pivot balls, for this year I will using the steel ones on the front end and the aluminum ones on the rear end.