R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Slydr Drift Spec or Novak Havoc 3s system
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 PM
NovakTwo
Company Representative

We just released information about our new Drift Combo last week; the product info page should be posted to our website in a few days.

Irvine, CA – February 2, 2012– For years, drifting has been taking the world by storm. The Novak SLYDR Brushless System laid the ground-work for Novak’s drifting line, and we are pleased to bring the fans of the “slide” our newest offering for high-end drifters─the Novak Drift Spec Sensored Brushless System-13.5T (#3073). This affordable, ultra-small, sensor-based system is designed specifically for 1/10th scale drift vehicles, has a simple interface, and contains features found in higher-priced systems.

The Drift Spec System is also factory-wired with battery and motor plugs for easy, “Plug and Play” installations. Look no further, Novak’s Drift Spec System is what you need for your drifting applications!

A Controller Ready to Drift & More

Novak’s Drift Spec ESC is based on the proven Novak EDGE platform, and includes a new,
default profile specifically developed for drifting. As any master of the drift knows, drifting requires a unique driving style, and the Drift Spec ESC features on-board adjustability so drivers can customize the feel and response of the throttle and brake.

Our new Drift system will be much like our new Club System, but will include esc firmware specifically for drifting, similar to our SLYDR.

For assistance with your SLYDR questions, please contact [email protected].

Originally Posted by Ilovemy350z
Novak two:
I have not heard of a slydr 2 of any kind. can you give us any info on any new drift spec novak systems?
Quick Questions as well. I had my yokomo car fall off a table. it's loaded with a novak slydr and drift spec 6.5 turn motor. the system has run flawlessly for 2 years now. when i went to race after the fall, the throttle was laggy and would not respond at low end. If i gunned it then it would go?? after examining and and looking closer the capacitor caught fire and started smoking bad... I removed battery immediately. would the capacitor being damaged from the fall make the esc respond this way and would replacing the capacitor fix this?
thanks in advance!