R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You running the tub car? You will reach a point of no return with the tub car. Once you hit its limit... the rest will be lost in chassis twist. The lower the grip the better the tub car is. I know that sounds simplistic and redundant but its SO true.

If you want a chassis that can run with the newer cars, you need the Tc3 tub or dual plate CF. Each have their own downfalls... but the Tc3 tub is easiest to overcome, and makes the best use of the suspension design.

Ill tell ya now youre WAY off base trying to match camber link angles. I was convinced for the longest time... mathmatically, the pivot points of a suspension should equate from one chassis design to the next. If anything give you a base setup to start with. The Tc4 tub takes that theory and spits on it.

You can get a Tc3 tub car to roll and move like the newer belt cars do... and it works really well for rubber tire asphalt racing... but the shape of the tub causes it to drag the racing surface.

If you rate rubber tire/racing surface traction on a scale of 0-10, 10 being blued up carpet, 7 being prepped and sugar watered hot asphalt, 3 being unprepped parking lot racing, 0 being well... zero. lol I say a Tc3 tubbed shaft car can compete up to 8-9 and as low as 4. A Tc4 tubbed shaft car can compete up to 6-7 and as low as 3.

The Tc3 tub fades on hot asphalt. The track temp and motor temp make the car soft. Its sharp and cuts like a new #11 XActo knife until the chassis gets heat in it. The sad thing is... Tc4 tub holds no candle to the ability of the Tc3 tub.

I miss TC racing... but i doubt very seriously ill ever get back into it unless AE releases another shaft car built with the refined ideas of the TC6.1

The market is there... someones just gotta build the damn thing...