R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skengines
I just picked up a set of JC hexes for the rear on my sc10. I've heard of problems that the aluminum will strip out since the screw is too short.

It says in the instruction steps included too not overtighten them, but will I need longer screw just to be safe?

Any link to longer screws on amain?
I have heard of a few guys running a slightly longer screws, but I don't have a link or measurement.

Paul,
Any specific brand of motor spray? or will any work? How about CRC cleaners?
Do you ever spray bar codes?

Also, please explain the difference between Gold vs blue bar codes at a track like Newred?
I like Kalgard contact cleaner, but most contact cleaners work well.

NewRed - When the track is fresh/damp the golds are amazing. They have great traction and more cornerspeed than anything else. Once the track starts to dry out, gets dusty, then I switch to Blue Bar Codes.

Any thoughts on a Toyota body for the sc10??
We have be trying to get licensing for over a year . I'm pretty sure several body manufactures have been trying for a while too .

The new RB5 WC Finnisher body fits the buggy rather nicely. The length is also suitable for the extended chassis. You can see mounted pics in the Team C thread, page 60. If you're running the Team C SC you can use the OSFM Raptor body. It fits like a glove!
Thanks Jeff