R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hobbywing ESC Settings ONLY
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
kosmickid
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
OKay. That Update feature is only to look for a new version of the windows software. V1.64 is the version you already have.

The first thing you need to do is update your LCD Programmer. (2in1). Plug the 2in1 into your computer and select 2in1 Program box. You should see a message on the LCD saying Connecting to PC And a tab with display beside the "About" tab inside the HW software window. You then need to select the most updated version of the 2in1 software. Click the Update Button, which will start the update of the 2in1. If it fails half way thru the upgrade dont worry. Just click upgrade again.

Once that is done, hook your car upto your LCD 2in1, and select "ESC Speedcontroller" under the device tab. Turn on the ESC (Which is connected to the 2in1 LCD Programmer, which is still connected to your PC). You will see a "software" tab appear (as well as the settings for the speedo) the last tab will have the firmware versions you can upload to your ESC. Select which ever version you would like (508, 930_stock, etc), and click upgrade. The program will send the data to your ESC. Again, if it craps out half way, just keep clicking the upgrade button until its sucessful.

Also, I always use a 7.4V Lipo when uploading the firmware. I dont think it makes a difference, but it makes me feal better. And I always upload the software twice.

Cherry2Blost once posted acouple of good videos to YouTube. You might want to take a look for those.

Cheers,
Shawn.
Perfect Shawn. Thanks for your help... Worked a treat