R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:39 PM
losi_racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fourseventeen
Gearing I am running the stock spur gear (40 I think) and a 14T (I also bought a 13T but have not used it). Motor temps after a 5 min solid run was around 120 degrees, tested about 2 mins after. The current limiting is set to 80%. Cedric used his laptop to set up the parameters of the ESC last night at the track. I dont have the data cable for the Teken so I am not sure what other info he set it up with.
Originally Posted by fourseventeen
What about when I am running my 6000mah 60c packs that will be here tomorrow...will I want current limited? Everything I have came across in the SCTE topic people are saying to limit to 80. with the limit at 80% with the 20C 5000 packs my temps were staying at or below about 120 ish.

And thanks for the offer to loan a battery Jeff...I will have at least 2 new ones here tomorrow.
if you want i can bring out my labtop and we can change anything you want, pm me if you want to do that, if i dont receive one i wont bring it tho. As stated tho with that battery i would not restrict it , with the bigger packs yes you will want to restrict it, to exactly where is personal preference. Once you get a proper pack, and proper settings on your esc, then if you still need more speed play with gearing .