R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - M Rossi REDS Racing M7T
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Warren Maker
Tech Initiate

Default REDS M7T

Just thought I would let you guys know we ran these engines at the recent Vic State Titles for our sponsor, Walters RC who are the Australian importer.

All I can say is what BULLETS. These engines are sick. Easy to run in, easy to tune, and as powerful as anything around. They are different to Novas, they need to be geared slightly different and need to be run cooler as well. I recomend you don't take them over 110deg Celcius. They will take more but you may find signs of detonation as a result. For run in and the first hour or so track time I highly recommend you use an extra .1 shim under the combustion chamber. Use a #7 plug unless you are running in snow, then maybe a #6 would be OK.

The pipes available (2033 & 2069) tune way differently so be prepared to experiment for your track. We had massive clutch troubles until we finally figured out that the clutch nut was unscrewing itself all the time.

These engines are built superbly and when you get the gearing/clutch and pipe combo correct all I can say is "HANG ON".