R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
My understanding is that to get the wireless option you have to now purchase the wireless module is this correct and how much will this box cost us now? I guess the good thing is if you don't want the wireless option then you still get the box to make changes and do software upgrades included instead of having to purchase that separately like before.

I am interested but I would like to know total costs upfront instead of being blind sided like with the product this is replacing.
You are correct.

Remember, the Wifi/Bluetooth module are totally OPTIONAL. They are around $40 (I am really guessing it here...) Wifi (APPLE) is alittle bit more expensive then the bluetooth (android) because APPLE do need to charge everyone more because it is APPLE related.

But if being wireless is not something you have to have...the included LED box with USB connector will get you setup, upload firmware ready, without paying any extra.

Only unit that does not come with the box is still the REVENTON STOCK CLUB RACE.....but this time, the parameter can be adjusted via the ESC on board button. The LED box will be optional. Good to have it because the new software (blinky) will have 7 options to adjust....also the LED box will give you the LIPO voltage reading, the ESC temperature reading as well as the firmware inside your ESC reading (On Reventon Stock Club Race it will only read ST0 = Stock "0" software because that unit cannot be software adjustable.)